Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Strong, confident power: Truly noticeable power and torque from the bottom up allows the rider to experience all the rear-wheel grip possible - no matter what the terrain
- Six-speed transmission: A six-speed gearbox offers a convenient longer range of use on the road
- Dynamic performance: With an increase in the crank's mass, you'll enjoy 13% more inertia when out on the trail - this means more torque feel and response.
- Smooth response: A newly-revised valve timing helps to produce a broader, smoother spread of power and torque
- Improved charging: A high-volume battery unit and updated alternator provides the required electrical power for the LED lights while also maintaining a battery charge during low-speed running
- Quieter Quiet operation: Redesigned engine covers and a urethane-injected aluminium swingarm helps with the overall noise reduction
- Programmed for power: The same bore and stroke as the CRF450R (96 mm x 62.1 mm) is maintained, but durability is improved thanks to the piston now using 3 rings.
- Built to last: A truly reliable engine and top build quality translates into a real-world service schedule of 32,000 km between major engine stripdowns - with an air and oil filter change every 1,000 km.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Designed for durability: The CRF450L's style draws inspiration directly from the CRF450R, with nods to the rear mudguard, side panels and skid plate
- One cool ride: A large volume radiator and an electric fan helps to keep the engine cool - in all riding conditions
- Trusted titanium: The CRF450L boasts a 7.6 litre titanium fuel tank.
- Gaining traction: Dig in deep with 18-inch rear and 21-inch front, enduro spec DOT tires
- Directly inspired by its predecessor: The CRF450L is a dual-purpose bike that draws from the legacy and high performance of the CRF450R race machine - alll with many additonal "normal" service intervals and high-quality road components
- Lighting the way: Adavnced LED lighting illuminates the headlights, turn signals, and tail lights
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 449 cc
- Bore & stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Six-speed with manual clutch
- Final drive: #520 sealed chain; 13T/51T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front suspension: Showa telescopic inverted spring forks
- Rear suspension: Pro-Link® single shock
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: Front: 80/100-21 Rear: 120/80-18
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm wave-pattern disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm wave-pattern disc with single-piston caliper
- Ground clearance: 315 mm (12.4 in.)
- Seat height: 940 mm (37.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Curb weight: 131kg (289 lbs) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel capacity: 7.6 litres
- Colour: Extreme Red
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.